For the person at the wheel, it is not only their responsibility to protect themselves but also the passengers with them. Imagine you’re driving down a tough terrain that requires immense attention and precision. Maybe a subtle speedbump or a construction sign that is placed carelessly. You drive through the dark with your beam on high yet squinting through a foggy windshield. Your attention drifts for a split second, and your perception of what seemed like a minor obstruction turns out to be a massive one. You cannot simply pay attention to the potential hazard when your vision is a hazard to yourself. This is why you require a pristine windshield to ensure the ideal driving experience. Sounds challenging to achieve? Set your sights on windshield water fluid for the solution.
What is windshield water fluid?
Windshield water fluid is a mixture of alcohol, water, and various detergents responsible for keeping your windshield clear. It protects your car’s windscreen from smudges and dirt accumulated on the glass, compromising your vision. Bugs, bird droppings, debris, you name it, windshield water fluid is the right solution for you. This convenient addition to car maintenance needs was introduced in the mid-30s and had been replacing conventional car care methods.
But why should you buy it? Shouldn’t water do the trick?
Windshield water fluid vs. plain water
The answer is yes. You can protect your car from dirt and debris, though water is not meant to be inside your car’s washer reservoir. Here’s why:
- Water is quick to break down insects and accumulated dirt on the windscreen, yet it is prone to leave streaking on the glass.
- Water creates the ideal habitat for mold and bacteria to grow, risking the structure and make of your car.
- During colder seasons, water freezes quicker, leaving the car prone to a compromised washer pump and line bursts. Washer fluid is equipped with a hint of antifreeze, which helps the substance withstand cold temperatures.
Where water can seem like an economical solution to your windscreen cleaning needs, it is temporary.
Why is windscreen care essential?
In 2020, 35,766 motor vehicle crashes were recorded in fatalities. It is essential to take precautionary measures to avoid being added to the list. One of the basic precautions is to maintain your windscreen so you know what is ahead of the road.
It would help to detect cracks and blunt objects on the pavement to avoid a flat tire. The more you invest in a clean windscreen, the more money you save in potential repair costs. Additionally, visibility is a significant issue in natural disasters such as sand storms, thunderstorms, and fog. It would help if you navigated through these harsh environments with the utmost care, which is impossible to do with a defective and dirt-stricken windscreen. You must use a windshield water fluid regularly to detect small cracks on the glass, which have the potential to turn into bigger ones. Overall investing in windscreen care is a lucrative investment.
Now that we know the importance of using windshield water fluid let’s understand how to apply it.
- Locate the reservoir: The reservoir’s location depends upon the vehicle’s make and model. Primarily, it is mounted along the rear of the engine, near the windshield with the firewall.
- Read the capacity: Identify the fill lines on the side of the reservoir that denotes how full the reservoir is with fluid. Confirm that the reservoir is low on fluid before replenishing it.
- Open the cap: You must carefully unscrew and set it safely aside. Make sure you do not place it in a dirty area to keep the fluid pure inside once you cap the reservoir back on.
- Pour in the liquid: Start pouring in the washer fluid carefully; use a funnel to avoid splashes onto the other components of the vehicle. Keep it up till the liquid touches the “full” line. Wipe any excess or spillage.
- Avoid overfilling: The fluid tends to expand once exposed to heat; it’s integral not to fill the reservoir. Once the engine heats up, the pressure can cause the reservoir to cave in and leak if overfilled.
- Seal it shut: Carefully screw the cap back on and seal it tightly to avoid any leakage. Not too tight, as you can damage the lid as well.
- Test: Turn the engine on and test your washer fluid. Congratulations on your new windshield!
Un-blur your vision
Don’t settle for anything less than a crystal-clear vision, so you can genuinely take your road safety into your own hands. American MFG believes in the optimum driving experience. To do so, it has come up with the ideal solution for your windshield maintenance. So, don’t waste time, and order your windshield water fluid from American MFG today!